The Halton District School Board will open a new elementary school in Milton, located at 1385 Kovachik Blvd., in Fall 2022. Students, families and community members are encouraged to submit suggestions
for the name of the new school in southwest Milton between Jan. 4 - Feb. 4, 2022.
The HDSB recognizes the significance of naming a new school as an opportunity to:
- recognize the geography, history, or culture of the community
- consider equity, diversity and inclusion in the school community
- celebrate a renowned person of historical significance to the Halton community
- honour an individual whose contribution to society or humanity is recognized and valued across Canada
Suggestions will be accepted until Friday, Feb 4, 2022.
Suggestions can be made:
- By completing the online form
- By mail -- Communications Dept., Halton District School Board, PO Box 5005 STN LCD 1, Burlington, ON L7R 3Z2
Each name that is submitted will be reviewed by a committee which will include parent/guardian representation. A shortlist of names will be prepared and presented to the Board of Trustees who will select the final name at one of the regularly scheduled Board meetings in Spring 2022. The selected name for the school will be announced in a news release and posted on the HDSB website at www.hdsb.ca
and social media.
For additional information, contact:
Marnie Denton, Manager, Communications & Engagement Services
Halton District School Board
905-335-3663 | Toll-free 1-877-618-3456