About The Review
As a result of the Oakville NE #2 ps boundary review recommended scenario (Board Report 19024) a “To Be Determined” area was created for an area north of Dundas Street East and east of Trafalgar Road in ERA 118. Currently, the TBD area is directed to White Oaks SS and has no designated elementary school. The TBD area contains a number of development applications which contains approximately 5,000 residential units.
As of September 2020, the developer has indicated that the first phase of residential closings is expected to start April 2021. It is recommended to perform a boundary review to designate school(s) prior to closings to temporarily accommodate students until Oakville NE #3 ps opens.
It is recommended to consider the following schools for this boundary review:
- ERA 116 - Montclair PS, Munn’s PS, Post’s Corners PS, River Oaks PS, Sunningdale PS
- ERA 117 - Falgarwood PS, Joshua Creek PS, Sheridan PS
After the BRSC meeting, a number of items were discussed and finalized:
- Pathway 2 as described in the HDSB School Boundary Review Administration Procedure will be the consultation process that will be followed for this boundary review. It is understood that this boundary review is an interim boundary review until the Oakville NE #3 ps boundary review is initiated. Pathway 2 allows for the opportunity to delegate the Board of Trustees regarding the recommended option(s).
- The following schools will be considered in developing options for this boundary review: Falgarwood PS, Munn’s PS, River Oaks PS.
It is anticipated this boundary review will be completed by February 2021.
Study Area Map
Boundary Review Steering Committee (BRSC)
Once the Board has approved the initiation of a school boundary review, the Superintendent of the affected Family of Schools will establish the Boundary Review Steering Committee and lead the school boundary review process. This committee will consist of:
- Family of Schools Superintendent(s) of all affected areas
- Superintendent from a non-affected area
- Senior Manager of Planning Services
- Trustee(s) for all of the affected areas, including Trustee who will co-chair the Boundary Review Committee
As necessary, the committee may also include the following supplementary members:
- Superintendent of Program
- Superintendent of Business Services
- Superintendent of Student Services
The affected school Superintendent will chair the committee. The Steering Committee will review school enrolments, school capacities and school programs. It should be noted that the Boundary Review Steering Committee is not a decision making body and does not make the final decision regarding any potential change to boundaries as a result of a School Boundary Review Process.