As announced by the Government of Ontario on Aug. 17, 2021, the Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) requires all Ontario school boards to establish and implement a COVID-19 immunization disclosure policy for staff, and other individuals who have frequent and direct contact with school board staff or students in schools (including volunteers) and/or during student transportation.
Individuals who are not fully vaccinated, including those with a documented medical reason, will be required to complete COVID-19 rapid antigen testing twice per week, as required by the Ministry of Education. Additionally, staff who are not vaccinated are required to complete a COVID-19 vaccination educational program provided by the Ministry of Education.
In accordance with this requirement, all HDSB employees and other individuals were required to complete a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Disclosure Attestation by Sept. 7, 2021.
The following information is provided to show full transparency of the results of the HDSB COVID-19 Vaccination Disclosure Attestation. This data will be updated as more staff and other individuals receive their vaccination/complete the Attestation.
Last updated: Sept. 15, 2021
School Board Employees & Trustees
- Total number of individuals to which the policy will apply: 10,191
- Total number and percentage of individuals who have attested to being fully vaccinated (with and without supporting documentation): 8,290
- Total number of individuals who provided a documented medical reason for not being fully vaccinated: 24
- The number of individuals who have not yet submitted an attestation: 1,314
*Other individuals include those frequently in schools or other settings who may have direct contact with students or staff (e.g. visitors, volunteers, contractors, other professionals and student transportation drivers, etc.)
- Total number of individuals to which the policy will apply: 1,026
- Total number of individuals who have attested to being fully vaccinated (with and without supporting documentation): 763
- Total number of individuals who provided a documented medical reason for not being fully vaccinated: 2
- The number of individuals who have not yet submitted an attestation: 252
Questions? We encourage families to review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) which are updated regularly.