To register to begin school in Fall 2021...
Junior Kindergarten (Year 1) children must be four years old by Dec. 31, 2021
Senior Kindergarten (Year 2) children must be five years old by Dec. 31, 2021
Please note: If your child is currently attending Junior Kindergarten in the HDSB, you do not need to register for Senior Kindergarten.
Kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year
will open in January 2021
Please call your
local elementary school for information about Kindergarten registration.
The following forms should also be completed for students entering Kindergarten for the first time. The school will provide further information for submitting these forms when acknowledging receipt of the completed Student Registration Form.
Once the Student Registration Form is received by the school contact, the school will acknowledge receipt of the Student Registration Form and share the process for providing the mandatory documents to enter your child(ren) in the system. These include:
- Proof of child’s age: birth certificate/passport/baptismal/faith record
- Proof of address (any two of the following documents): lease or deed, car registration, utility bill, residential telephone bill, moving bill, property tax bill, bank statement, credit card statement, correspondence with a government agency
- Proof of child’s citizenship: birth certificate or passport, Record of Landing (IMM 1000)or Permanent Resident Card
- Proof of custody: if you are not the parent and your child is under 18 you must provide proof of custody (court order)
Find Your Home School
Find your home school through our Find my Local School page. Enter your address in the “Find a School" search box. In addition, please ensure to review our
School Boundary Maps.
Find My Local School
Prepare for your child’s entry into Kindergarten in September by:
First Day of School
Kindergarten students start school on the first day of school. Parents may contact their child's school to arrange a visit before the first day in September.
Contact the school Principal/Vice-principal if you require accessibility accommodations in order to register your child for school.
If you require language assistance to register your child for school, please contact the HDSB Welcome Centre based on the location of your child's school:
- For schools in Oakville - 905-335-3665 ext. 3438
- For schools in Burlington - 905-335-3665 ext. 3452
- For schools in Milton, Georgetown, Acton - 905-335-3665 ext. 3438
Parent Resources for Starting School
For additional information, contact:
Halton District School Board
Toll free: 1-877-618-3456
Burlington schools - ext. 3294
Halton Hills schools – ext. 3294
Oakville schools – ext. 3271
Milton schools – ext. 3324
Halton Resources: Getting Ready for Kindergarten
The following resources and programs may be of interest to you in getting your child ready for school.
Halton Community Resources