To Register to Begin School in Fall 2020...
- Junior Kindergarten (Year 1) children must be four years old by Dec. 31, 2020
- Senior Kindergarten (Year 2) children must be five years old by Dec. 31, 2020
If your child is currently attending Junior Kindergarten in the HDSB, you do not need to register for Senior Kindergarten.
Kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year is now open. Please
Register Your Child by Friday, Jan. 31, 2020
Please call your
local elementary school to find out which dates have been established for
Kindergarten registration in that area. Once registered, children can sign out books from the school library.
Registration forms will also be available at schools. Please take the forms to your local school in January 2020.
Please bring the following original documents when registering:
- Proof of child’s age: birth certificate/passport/baptismal/faith record
- Proof of address (any two of the following documents): lease or deed, car registration, utility bill, residential telephone bill, moving bill, property tax bill, bank statement, credit card statement, correspondence with a government agency
- Proof of child’s citizenship: birth certificate or passport, Record of Landing (IMM 1000)or Permanent Resident Card
- Proof of custody: if you are not the parent and your child is under 18 you must provide proof of custody (court order)
Find your home school through our Find my Local School page. Enter your address in the “Find a School" search box. In addition, please ensure to review our
School Boundary Maps.
Please Note: Registration for new Oakville NE#2 Elementary School
Registration for all JK students and any new students who will attend Oakville NE #2 PS for 2020-2021 will take place at Oodenawi PS (385 Sixteen Mile Dr) on Fridays beginning Jan. 17, 2020. Arrange an appointment by calling 905-631-6120 (ext. 631) or visiting the main office at Oodenawi on Fridays. Current HDSB students who are within the new school's boundary, and are in 'holding schools' DO NOT need to register. These current students' registrations will be forwarded automatically to the new school.
Coming May 2020: Kindergarten Parent Orientation Evenings
Your child’s new school will let you know when they are holding their Kindergarten Parent Orientation Evening. You will have the chance to meeting other families and staff, get information about school, Kindergarten classroom routines, hear about a "typical" day in Kindergarten.
First Day of School
Kindergarten students start school on the first day of school. Parents may contact their child's school to arrange a visit before the first day in September.
Contact the school Principal/Vice-principal if you require accessibility accommodations in order to register your child for school.
If you require language assistance to register your child for school, please contact the HDSB Welcome Centre based on the location of your child's school:
- For schools in Oakville - 905-335-3665 ext. 3438
- For schools in Burlington - 905-335-3665 ext. 3452
- For schools in Milton, Georgetown, Acton - 905-335-3665 ext. 3438
You may find the information helpful as your child gets ready to start school:
For additional information, contact:
Halton District School Board
Toll free: 1-877-618-3456
Burlington schools - ext. 3307
Halton Hills schools – ext. 3294
Oakville schools – ext. 3271
Milton schools – ext. 3324
Halton Resources: Getting Ready for Kindergarten
The following resources and programs may be of interest to you in getting your child ready for school.
Halton Community Resources