What is Digital Citizenship?
Digital citizenship encompasses a broad range of knowledge, skills and attitudes among students, staff, administration and parents/guardians about Internet usage.
Numerous resources are available to all schools to support digital citizenship including the Board's Responsible Use Procedures for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) use in schools.
A Digital Citizen is One Who
- implements precautions for online security (e.g., passwords, settings)
- protects the privacy of self and others
- uses devices with attention to physical and mental health
- develops a positive reputation and digital footprint
- contributes positively to the local and global communities
- evaluates and reflects critically on information/resources/sites and respects intellectual property of others