Below is a list outlining the various Employee Groups within the Halton District School Board.
Elementary Teachers’ Federation Ontario (ETFO) represents:
- Permanent teachers in elementary school
- Occasional (supply) teachers in elementary schools
- Designated Early Childhood Educators (DECE) working in Kindergarten classrooms
Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation (OSSTF) represents:
- Permanent teachers in secondary schools
- Occasional (supply) teachers in secondary schools
- Office, clerical and technical employees (OCTU) in both elementary and secondary schools (for example, school secretaries, department administrative assistants in Board offices, technical staff in schools libraries).
- Professional Student Services Personnel (PSSP) includes Psychologists, Social Workers, Child and Youth Counsellors, Speech-Language Pathologists and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Facilitators
Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) represents:
- All Custodial staff in elementary schools and some custodial staff in secondary schools
- General Maintenance staff
Halton District Education Assistants Association (HDEAA)
Management & Administrative Support Staff (MASS)
- Business managers in secondary schools
- Staff and managers in Board offices (for example, HR, IT, Communications, Facilities, Business Services).
- Executive Assistants in Board departments
- Office Supervisors in Board departments
Ontario Principals’ Council (OPC)