Just moved in? Are you new to the neighbourhood?
Don’t wait until September to register your children for school.
Although schools are closed, school offices will re-open on Monday, August 24, 2020 for registration of elementary students new to the Halton District School Board. Find your local school
In our fast growing communities, two schools will open during the summer to register students. Registering at this time helps us prepare for the upcoming school year and provides your child(ren) more time to become familiar with their new school.
In-person registration for all schools in OAKVILLE
is available at:
- Oodenawi Public School (385 Sixteen Mile Dr, Oakville)
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 to Friday, Aug. 7, 2020
- 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
In-person registration for all schools in MILTON
is available at:
- Viola Desmond Public School (1450 Leger Way, Milton)
Bring the following original documents with you to register:
- Thursday, July 16 and Friday, July 17
- Monday, July 20, Tuesday, July 21, and Wednesday, July 22.
- Proof of address: any two of the following (current) documents – lease or deed, car registration, utility bill, residential telephone bill, moving bill, property tax bill, bank statement, credit card statement, correspondence with a government agency.
- Proof of age: birth certificate, passport, or baptismal/faith record for your child.
- Proof of citizenship: birth certificate, passport, Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Permanent Resident Card.
- Proof of immunization or philosophical or religious exemption forms (complete medical authorization where necessary).
If you are not the child’s parent, or if you have sole custody, please bring proof of custody (court order).
For more information
Phone: 905-335-3663 ext. 3324
Toll free: 1-877-618-3456
Welcome Newcomer Families
(English is not a first language)
All information about the Welcome Centre for newcomer families can be found at www.hdsb.ca
The Welcome Centre is remotely registering students and administering assessments from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (closed Fridays) on the following days:
July 2, and 7, 8, 9 and 14, 15, 16 and 21, 22, 23 and 28, 29, 30.
August 4, 5, 6 and 10, 11, 12, 13
Regular hours begin August 24, 2020
Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Families can contact the Welcome Centre to arrange for remote settlement services as well as language and math assessments. Families can remotely receive registration support by:
- Emailing the Welcome Centre team at email@example.com
- Leaving a voice message at 905-335-3665 ext. 3440. Note: messages will be accessed remotely.