Donna Danielli's core values revolve around collaboration, communication & respect.
She is an advocate for equity and inclusion in life & education, working on the organizing committees of the Halton DSB's Making a Change Conference, Inside Out Conference, & Equity Summit, all for Halton's students.
Donna's involvement in Halton and Milton is extensive. Her work as Executive Director of the Milton Transitional Housing & as a volunteer in her community puts her in the unique position of melding community, business, social, educational & political visions.
Donna has been a volunteer for much of her life, as a youth in the local hospital & in her early twenties as a tutor at the Don Jail where she realized just how important an education and literacy skills were in life. She has strong working relationships with both Free the Children & the Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Centre, which she uses to the advantage of Halton DSB students. Nominated for an Athena Award and for Business Woman of the year, Donna was honoured to receive a Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Award in 2012 in recognition of her community involvement.
Donna is an accomplished organizer, a skilled communicator, a passionate advocate for equitable and inclusive education and, at a time when public education truly needs champions, a collaborative and politically savvy leader.
Committee Membership -2016-2017
- Committee Membership - 2017 Student Trustee Mentor
- Region Chair - Ontario Public School Boards’ Association
- Labour Relations Council - Ontario Public School Boards’ Association
- Minister’s Advisory Council - FNMI
- OPSBA Liaison to Indigenous Trustees Council
- Burlington PAR - Trustee Representative
Committee Participation in previous years
- Vice Chair of the Board
- Chair of SEAC
- Equity and Inclusive Education
- Parent Involvement Committee
- Conference Organizing Committee: Making the Change Conference, Inside Out Conference, Student Parliamentary Luncheon
- Social Justice Committee
- French Advisory Committee
- Many Superintendent and Director of Education Hiring Teams