Have the following documents ready for upload
- A scanned copy of the first page of the student’s passport, indicating legal name and date of birth
- Scanned copies of translated transcripts from the current and previous two years of study. Please also include the most recent report card with teacher comments.
- Immunization records
- A photograph of the applying student
- A student written Letter of Intent for student starting grades 8 to 12
Note: These scanned copies are acceptable but the original documents must be brought to the intake appointment.
Create True North Account
Have your agent, or family member, create an account for application in True North through the Portal.
Complete True North Application
Complete the application, including uploading all required documents, through the True North
Account that your agent, or family member, has created.
Pay the True North Application Fee
Pay the $375.00 mandatory non refundable application fee
Complete the Online English Assessment
Students in Grade 8 -12 must complete an online English assessment, known as pre-arrival learning (PAL), before being accepted to the HDSB International Student Program.
The PAL will gather a students ability to use academic English through reading, quizzes and an English writing sample.
All Grade 8 - 12 students need their own email address to receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to log into the secure online assessment site. BEFORE
starting their online assessment students should ensure:
- They have a strong internet connection,
- A quiet place, and adequate time to complete the assessment.
- Students will also be contacted to complete a brief online oral interview.
Students are expected to complete the assessment by themselves/ without help or assistance from others.
Step 6Students who are accepted into the HDSB International Student Program will have an invoice issued for their tuition and insurance.
Students Await Results of Application
This Invoice must be paid in full for the official Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to be issued.
Following Nov. 1, 2022, the application portal will open on an appointment basis. Please contact email@example.com
to set up an appointment.
Students Complete Oral Interview
Students will be contacted to complete a brief online oral interview.