Although schools are closed in July and the first three weeks of August, the Halton District School Board is offering families of elementary students the opportunity to register their child(ren) for school this summer
for the start of school in September. Registering at this time helps the HDSB prepare for the upcoming school year and provides students more time to become familiar with their new school. The following elementary schools are open to families to register their child(ren) starting Kindergarten - Grade 8 in Halton:
- In-person registration for all elementary schools in Oakville is available at Oodenawi Public School (385 Sixteen Mile Dr, Oakville) July 11, 12, 13, 18 and 19 from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- In-person registration for all elementary schools in Milton is available at Rattlesnake Point Public School (1385 Kovachik Blvd, Milton) July 11, 12, 13, 18 and 19 from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- In-person registration for all elementary schools in Burlington is available at John William Boich Public School (2474 Sutton Dr, Burlington) July 11, 12, 18 and 19 from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Families can find their local school by visiting the HDSB’s Find My Local School webpage
. For more information, visit the Register for School in the Summer webpage
on the HDSB website. Secondary students (Grade 9-12)
new to the HDSB can register for school when all secondary school offices reopen on Monday, Aug. 21.
All HDSB school offices will reopen the week of Aug. 21. The first day of school for students is Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2023. Families are asked to bring the following original documents when registering:
For more information, visit the Register My Child for School webpage on the HDSB website.Welcome Newcomer Families
- Proof of age: birth certificate, passport, or baptismal/faith record for your child.
- Proof of address (any two of the following documents): lease or deed, car registration, utility bill, residential telephone bill, moving bill, property tax bill, bank statement, credit card statement, correspondence with a government agency. Note: A driver’s license will not be accepted as documentation for “proof of address”.
- Proof of citizenship: birth certificate, passport, Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Permanent Resident Card.
- If you are not the parent and your child is under 18 you must provide proof of custody (court order).
Newcomer families ready to begin the school registration process must complete the Welcome Centre Intake Form for Registration
. Families new to Ontario and who speak an additional language other than English are asked to complete the Where Do I Register My Child? Form
to determine where the registration process begins.
The Welcome Centre will follow regular office hours (8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday to Friday) for the week of July 3. The office will be closed July 3. From July 10 to Aug. 10 inclusive, the operating hours will be 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday to Thursday, with the Centre closed on Fridays.
The Welcome Centre is open to visitors and can offer assessments on an appointment basis. Beginning Aug. 21, 2023, the Welcome Centre will return to regular office hours: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. To book an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 905-335-3665 ext. 3440.
To learn more about the Welcome Centre, visit its webpage
For additional information, contact:
Haley Juniper, Senior Communications Officer
Halton District School Board
905-335-3663 | Toll free: 1-877-618-3456