The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) helps the Halton District School Board protect the rights of students with special learning needs. Under Ontario's Education Act, every student is entitled to programming which best meets their needs.
SEAC provides information, advice and help to parents/guardians whose children require additional support. SEAC advises the Board on establishing and developing special education programs and services.
Membership of the Special Education Advisory Committee
- Autism Society Ontario – Halton Chapter
- Association for Bright Children
- Halton Down Syndrome Association
- Easter Seals Society
- VOICE for Hearing Impaired Children
- Learning Disabilities Association of Halton/Hamilton
- Halton District School Board (Trustees)
- Members at Large
The Halton District School Board invites parents and the public to attend SEAC meetings in person at the J.W. Singleton Education Centre, 2050 Guelph Line, Burlington, or by live-stream (link available on the main page of the Board's website).
SEAC meetings begin at 7 p.m.
SEAC Meetings for 2019-2020 School Year
To be held at 7:00 pm at J.W. Singleton Centre Large and Small Boardrooms
- September 17, 2019 (3rd Tuesday of month)
- October 15, 2019 (3rd Tuesday of month)
- November 5, 2019
- December 3, 2019
- January 14, 2020 (2nd Tuesday of month)
- February 4, 2020
- March 3, 2020
- April 7, 2020
- May 5, 2020
- June 2, 2020
Special Education Advisory Committee
905-631-6120 ext. 323