- Students and staff have positive relationships with one another
- Students are learning social emotional literacy skills (e.g. self-awareness, self-regulation, mental health awareness, coping, etc .)
- Staff feel confident and are knowledgeable about their role and their work in promoting and supporting student mental health and well-being
- Services are clearly defined, aligned,integrated and available
- Inclusive school and classroom practices are promoting student well-being.
- Evidence-informed classroom, school and therapeutic practices contributing to student success and well-being are implemented.
- Students have mental health literacy.
- Professional development opportunities for staff enhance awareness, knowledge and skill.
- Coordinated and collaborative partnerships within the HDSB and the Halton community define pathways to care and enhance services to students.
- Structures and processes that provide organizational conditions for school mental health are enhanced.
Mental Health & Well-Being Strategy Plan 2020-2024
This Strategy recognizes and aims to eliminate discriminatory barriers due to colonialism and systemic oppression to ensure the mental health and well-being of all students.
Mental Health & Well-Being Strategy Plan 2020-2024 (PDF)
Student Mental Health and Well-Being
- Students have awareness, knowledge and skills related to cognitive, spiritual, social, emotional and physical well-being
- Students are actively engaged in planning mental health promotion activities
Mentally Healthy School and Classroom Environments
- Staff understand the whole person approach to student well-being, and use this approach to develop student mental health and well-being
- Educators provide inclusive and culturally relevant and responsive well-being practices and social emotional instruction everyday using an anti-racist approach
Mental Health Support and Care
- Student access to mental health support and care is improved
- Students receive high quality mental health care
- Parents, school staff, students and community agencies actively engage to create Circles of Support