What is Brightspace?
Brightspace is a Learning Management System (created by D2L) that teachers and students use for online teaching and learning. Currently, all secondary school courses are available through Brightspace. Since classlists are already populated, you do not require a code to join.
Please note: you can
log into Brightspace
using your HDSB email and network password. Only HDSB accounts can access Brightspace. Learn how to Log out of Brightspace
Brightspace Video Tutorials
These Brightspace video tutorials are also available in multiple languages. This document will show you
how to translate video tutorials.
Still Need Help?
Troubleshooting FAQs for Students
I can’t log in - it says that my username/password is not valid.
When I log in, I cannot see my course
- Ensure that you are using your correct HDSB email and password
- Make sure that your Caps Lock is off when entering your password
- Use the
Brightspace Tech Support form to describe your issue and Brightspace Support will investigate
I cannot sync my Google Drive in Brightspace. It says that my account is already linked to another user
I’m having trouble seeing Google docs my teacher has posted
- Your course may not be activated yet. Check back on the first day of class. If you still cannot see it, email your teacher to ensure that they have activated the course.
I cannot upload my file into Dropbox (submit my assignment)
- Be sure that you are using the Chrome browser
- Be sure that you are logged onto the browser with your own credentials
- Be sure that you have synced to your Gdrive in Brightspace
The interactive my teacher wants me to view won’t load.
How do I log out of Brightspace?
- Be sure you have synced your Google Drive in Brightspace
- Be sure your file name is less than 30 characters long and does NOT contain spaces or illegal characters such as “ * / : < > \ | -
- Use the chrome browser
- Check your Internet connection
- Be sure you have a compatible file extension (.doc, .jpeg, .pdf) Mac users must convert their files to pdf in order to submit.
- Be sure to click “Submit” and view the confirmation pop up
- Click on your name located in the upper right hand of your screen. Select Log Out.