Elementary/Secondary Vice-Principal, 2022
Virtual Information Session
Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Time: 7 - 8:15 p.m.
The Halton District School Board (HDSB) is one of the fastest growing school districts in Canada. Together, our 10,000+ staff serve more than 66,000 students in more than 100 schools in the communities of Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are seeking Vice Principal candidates to join our Elementary Vice-Principal Pool.
The culture of the HDSB is welcoming and collaborative. Vice-Principals demonstrate and encourage collaboration, respect, and encourage students and staff to learn, grow and inspire together. Such processes facilitate the identification of administrators who are competent, knowledgeable and compassionate, and whose qualifications and lived experiences enable them to demonstrate the leadership practices contained in The Ontario Leadership Framework and support the implementation of the Halton District School Board’s Multi-Year Plan 2020-2024 and the Board’s Improvement Plan for Student Achievement and Well-Being. The Halton District School Board is searching for school leaders who adopt a critical consciousness as educators who engage in teaching and learning through anti-colonial and anti-racist frameworks. This practice ensures that we are continually moving to create and sustain change and improve outcomes for all students.
Our Vice-Principals contribute to the HDSB’s Multi-Year Strategic Plan 2020-2024 by:
- creating equitable and inclusive learning and working environments;
- supporting the mental health and well-being of students and staff;
- promoting learning and achievement for everyone;
- demonstrating environmental leadership; and
- building an awareness of Indigenous perspectives.
The Board is creating a pool of qualified candidates to be eligible for positions, in accordance with its Administrative Procedure “Promotion, Transfer and Placement of Principals/Vice-Principals”. To review this Administrative Procedure, please go to the following link: https://www.hdsb.ca/our-board/Policy/P-VPPromotionsAP.pdf
Experienced educators who have demonstrated strong leadership, and who meet the qualification requirements, are invited to apply.
Vice-Principal candidates will:
- hold Principal Qualifications Part 1 and show proof of registration in Principal Qualifications Part 2 (Part 2 must be successfully completed before appointment);
- be in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers;
- have successful experience demonstrating proven leadership effectiveness in the school community;
- be in good standing with respect to conduct; and
- demonstrate evidence of core capacities identified in the Ontario Leadership Framework.