Adult Continuing Education Winter/Spring 2021
Gary Allan High School Continuing Education is seeking to create a roster of teachers who would be available to teach Adult students through Face-to-Face Instruction (due to Covid-19, classes will be taught through synchronous remote teacher led instruction). Qualified applicants will supervise, teach and evaluate Adult students enrolled in Grade 11 and 12 courses:
- Business - BTA3O, BOH4M, BBB4M
- Canada and World Studies - CGG3O, CHY4U
- Guidance and Career Education - GWL3O, GLS4O
- English - ENG3C, ENG3E, ENG3U, ENG4E, ENG4C, ENG4U, OLC4O
- Math - MBF3C, MCF3M, MCR3U, MEL3E, MAP4C, MCT4C, MCV4U, MDM4U, MEL4E, MHF4U
- Science - SBI3C, SBI3U, SBI4U, SCH3U, SCH4C, SCH4U, SPH3U, SPH4C, SPH4U
- Social Studies - HSP3U, HHS4C, HHS4U, HIP4O
* Block A - January 11 - February 26
* Block B - March 1 - April 26
* Block C - May 3 - June 18
* Morning Session - 8:30am - 11:45am (max of 110 hours)
* Afternoon Session - 12:15pm - 3:30pm (max of 110 hours)
Rate of Pay
$52.27 per hour (includes vacation and statutory holiday pay)
Please Note: All positions are subject to enrollment. Teachers may be offered positions from December until May. Specific details about the position being offered (course, time) will be outlined in the job offer
In order to be considered, you will need to submit an application, cover letter, resume and a copy of your OCT certificate no later than Friday, December 11, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
We believe that every person has a right to equitable treatment and freedom from
discrimination. The Halton District School Board recognizes the intents contained in the
Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Upon request, we will make reasonable interview and employment accommodations during the
selection process, based on any of the human rights protected grounds.
Ensuring the safety of our students is essential. For this reason, external applicants hired to the
HDSB must provide an original copy of an acceptable criminal background check with
vulnerable sector screening.
The HDSB is committed to providing a respectful and healthy work environment.