Goal 1 - The Halton District School Board will integrate proactive and strategic communications with the Board’s initiatives and achievements in order to increase public confidence and understanding.
- Extensive consultation with parents, staff and community regarding the new corporate website to ensure improved content, navigation and accessibility.
- Re-assigned responsibility for school communications for improved collaboration between senior administrative team and Trustees and the community.
- School successes featured prominently on Board website (Spotlight) and shared on social media to more than 15,000 followers.
- In conjunction with the new Google website platform, training and design templates were provided to improve quality and consistency of school websites.
Goal 2 - The Halton District School Board will plan, provide and maintain facilities as safe, accessible, comfortable and engaging learning environments for all students and staff.
Improvements to School Facilities
- $20 million in school improvement and maintenance projects were completed.
- Six new portables added for a total of 300 portables in use Board wide. To accommodate enrolment growth in schools, 47 portables were moved within the Board.
- Initiated a new program for a second day-shift caretaker in larger elementary schools. This program is a redeployment within the existing compliment of staff resulting in improved cleanliness and service in larger elementary schools.
- Began year one of a five-year program to replace energy controls systems in schools with the goal of reducing energy and utility consumption.
Goal 3 - The Halton District School Board will provide and maintain a technology infrastructure to engage and support 21st century learning for all students and staff.
- Since September 2015 when the Google Apps for Education, cloud-based document system was launched, nearly 17 million documents have been created and more than 35,000 staff and students login on a weekly basis.
- More than 150 videos have been developed for staff and public viewing, including system messaging, training material, promotional videos and event recaps.
- More than 15,000 Information Technology Service Requests were generated in 2016.
- More than 41,000 concurrent wireless devices are connected to the network each day.
Goal 4 - The Halton District School Board will optimize the resources and learning environments through innovative program delivery models and partnerships.