Public Information Meeting (Livestream)
The Public Information Meeting (PIM) took place on November 23, 2023, from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Boundary Review Steering Committee (BRSC) presented the recommended options selected by the Boundary Review Committee (BRC) for review and consideration by the community.
Questions for the livestream were submitted through our “Questions Form” either prior to the meeting, or during the meeting.
Please submit your feedback using the form below.
Public Information Feedback Form
The Boundary Review Feedback form was open from November 20 to November 27.
Use the "How am I Affected?
" tool to see what impacts the options that were presented at the Public Information Meeting have on your address.
Those presented to the community area as follows:
The feedback will be summarized and presented to the BRC at the next boundary review meeting scheduled for November 30, 2023. At this meeting the BRC will submit recommended option(s) for consideration by the BRSC, which will forward those recommended options to the Director and the Senior Administrative Team the options (in full or modified) for consideration to present to the Board of Trustees for final approval.
Boundary Review Background
At the December 7, 2022 Board meeting, HDSB Trustees approved a motion to initiate a boundary review process to establish the recently funded Oakville NE #3 PS and Oakville NE #5 PS, as well as include facilities located in the North Oakville Secondary Plan within ERA 118, as well as select schools in ERA 114 to 117 to address existing accommodation pressures and underutilization, and update current and future holding school boundaries in anticipation for future new school facilities in North Oakville to open.
BE IT RESOLVED THAT, the Halton District School Board direct staff to complete a boundary review for ERA 114 (Palermo and West Oak Trails), ERA 115 (Glen Abbey), ERA 116 (Munn’s Creek), ERA 117 (Morrison Valley), and ERA 118 (North Oakville) with the objective of establishing new boundaries for Oakville #3 PS and Oakville #5 PS, address Accommodation pressures throughout the study area, and update holding school boundaries.
Confirmed by the Boundary Review Steering Committee, the following schools are to be involved in the review:
- ERA 114: Palermo PS (ENG and FI holding school potential repatriations)
- ERA 115: Forest Trail PS (potential FI holding school)
- ERA 116: Munns PS and Sunningdale PS (FI holding schools and potential repatriation) and Post’s Corners and River Oaks (ENG holding schools and potential repatriation and ENG boundary realignment)
- ERA 117: Falgarwood PS (ENG holding school potential repatriations)
- ERA 118: Oodenawi PS and Dr. David R. Williams PS (potential ENG and FI boundary adjustments) and Oakville NE #3 PS and Oakville NE #5 PS (new school boundaries)
Below is the Oakville NE #3 and #5 PS Boundary Review Study Area map illustrating the area under review:
Options Reviewed to Date
Throughout the process, the BRSC and BRC have developed a number of options for consideration to meet the accommodation challenged identified as part of this process. They are listed as follows:
Timelines & Resources
The first BRSC meeting occurred on June 29, 2023. This meeting established the scope of the boundary study, which pathway is to be employed, and which schools should be involved. The summary of of those decisions are as follows:
- Pathway #1 will be followed.
- The existing schools involved will include: Dr. David R. Williams PS (ENG, FI), Oodenawi PS (ENG, FI), Palermo PS (ENG, FI), Forest Trails PS (FI), Munns PS (FI), Sunningdale PS (FI), Post's Corners PS (ENG); Falgarwood (ENG) and River Oaks PS (ENG).
- The scope will include a review of all English and French Immersion Boundaries, and establishing new future boundaries for both future Oakville #3 and Oakville #5 public schools.
The second BRSC meeting occurred on October 2, 2023. This meeting established the timeline of the meetings for the boundary study and overview of the preliminary options.
Resources and Additional Information