About the Boundary Review
On September 12, 2019, the Halton District School Board directed staff to commence a secondary school boundary review process to create boundaries for the new Milton SW #1 High School. The review included Milton District HS, Craig Kielburger HS, and Frank J. Hayden HS. The Boundary was completed and approved on November 4, 2020.
2021/2022 School Boundary & Transportation Maps
Boundary Maps are for reference only are in effect September 2021. To confirm your address please see Find My Local School (For new residences)
- Students currently attending Craig Kielbruger SS or Milton District HS for English or French Immersion in Grade 9-12 for the 2020/2021 school year will remain at their current high school until graduation. (Note: Any change of address may be subject to new boundaries)
- Current Grade 8 students entering the English program into Grade 9 starting in September 2021, refer to Milton Grade 9 English.
- Students entering the English program grades 10-12 in September 2021 and are moving to Milton or changing school catchments after June 2021, refer to map, refer to Milton Grade 10-12 English.
- For students entering French Immersion program grades 9-12 in September 2021 and are moving to Milton after June 2021 or changing school catchments after June 2021, refer to map Milton Grade 10-12 French.
For additional information on the Implementation plan and temporary accommodation plans for Milton SW #1 HS students, please refer to the “Board Report - Update” section below.
Secondary students that reside more than 3.2 km (2 miles) from their home school are eligible for transportation as per the Transportation Policy. The maps provided below are for display purposes only. It is strongly recommended that you contact Halton Student Transportation Services (HSTS) to confirm eligibility, especially if you reside within the non-transported area.
Halton Student Transportation Services (HSTS) Contact Information:
The slides to this meeting can be found here.
Please see the NOTICE that was sent to Parents/guardians.
The public provided feedback on the Milton SW #1 hs Boundary review from September 29 to October 5, 2020.
Board Report - Update
The Director's Report (Report 20103) including the recommended boundary changes (Scenario 9b) was received by the Board of Trustees on October 21st, 2020 for information and approved on November 4th, 2020.
A subsequent information report (Report 20123) was presented to the Board of Trustees outlining the implications of the delayed opening of Milton SW #1 High School opening to a mid-year opening for the 2021-22 school year.
A summary of the implementation plan on Option 9b of the Milton SW #1 HS Boundary Review transition plan in light of the delayed opening:
- September 2021:
- All Grade 8 English Program Students that were to be directed to Milton SW#1 HS will be accommodated temporarily using one of the two interim accommodation plans
- I-STEM start delayed by one (1) year for grade 9 entry into the program
- Community Pathways Program placements delayed by one (1) year
- February 2022: Milton SW #1 HS students holding in interim accommodations are transferred to the anticipated completed school.
- September 2022:
- Grade 10 added to Milton SW #1 HS September 2022:
- I-STEM launches at Milton SW #1 HS for Grade 9
- Community Pathway Program placements available at Milton SW #1 HS
- September 2022: Assess the critical mass of students interested in attending Grade 11 at Milton
Temporary accommodations options
As Milton SW #1 HS will not be ready for September 2021, temporary accommodation options are being explored to house students in the interim until the facility obtains full or partial occupancy as early as February 2022.
Option A: Milton SW #1 HS Partial Occupancy and Portable Classrooms
The accommodation plan would entail the installation of twelve (12) portables on-site and the identification of an area within the partially completed school that is suitable for use as student accommodation, staff and students washroom facilities, and administrative space among other elements.
Option B: Milton District HS Holding - Establish a 'School within a School Model'
The second interim accommodation option would be to hold Milton SW #1 HS students temporarily at Milton District HS incorporating a 'school within a school' model. Milton SW #1 students would be accommodated in their classroom with their hs peers and their teachers. Milton SW#1 administration will be there to support the learning environment.
Below is the recorded meeting that took place on September 29, 2020
Principals of affected schools are not on the Committee but may be called upon to verify information as required.
The BRC is mandated to examine boundary options and to provide feedback. A preferred option(s) will be developed and recommended to the Boundary Review Steering Committee.
If you have any questions about this Boundary Review, please contact us by email at email@example.com