About the Boundary Review
Be it resolved that the Halton District School Board direct staff to undertake an
elementary and secondary school boundary review for the Acton community in the
Town of Halton Hills, which will include schools in ERA 126 (McKenzie-Smith Bennett
PS and Robert Little PS) and SRA 107 (Acton District High School) with an expected
completion date of no later than June 2020.
On March 4, 2020 Report 20022 with recommendation Option 1 as outlined in the report was approved by the Board of Trustees.
*NEW* February 2021 Update
Acton Elementary PS will open for the 2021/2022 school year. Listed below are the changes.
Effective September 2020:
- Robert Little retains all Grade 6 students becomes K-6 dual track school.
Integration Committee formed September 2020:
- Include parent representatives from all schools, teachers, administrators, area Trustee and Superintendent
- Include Student voice for students in Grades 7-12.
- Involve Community partners.
Effective September 2021:
- MSB becomes K-6 single track English program school; retains Life Skills program for Grade 5 and 6; offers Learning Disabilities class(es) for Grade 5 and 6.
- ADHS becomes becomes Grade 7-12 Dual Track school (English and French Immersion programs); offers Learning Disabilities class for Grade 7 and 8.
- Placement of students in the Life Skills program at MSB will be made in consultation with parents to collaboratively choose the most appropriate program for Grades 7 and 8 (stay at MSB, transition to Silver Creek, start in Community Pathways Program at GDHS).
Public Information Feedback Form
Feedback ended on Friday January 24, 2020 at noon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please follow the link to our recently updated Frequently Asked Questions for information on 7-12 schools.
Study Area Map
Acton Area Map
School Boundary Maps
Boundary Review Initiation Report
Boundary Review Committee (BRC)
A Boundary Review Committee will consist of;
A non-affected Superintendent and a non-affected Trustee will jointly chair the Boundary Review Committee
All members of the Steering Committee (for more information see School Boundary Administrative Procedure)
Parent representatives from all affected communities
Principals of affected schools are not on the Committee but may be called upon to verify information as required.
The BRC is mandated to examine boundary options and to provide feedback. A preferred option(s) will be developed and recommended to the Boundary Review Steering Committee.
Boundary Review Procedure
School Boundary Review Administrative Procedure
How to read the options
Delegate the Board
If you have any questions about this Boundary Review, please contact us by email at email@example.com